Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The longest Day Ever...

Sunlight! Oh! What a beautiful morning! I thought as I stretched in bed luxuriously...seriously I never thought 5 hours of sleep would leave me that refreshed...in fact I figured that me being stupid and staying up until 3 again watching a movie on my laptop would have bad side effects, but oh well...I take the surprise blessings...

Then it dawned on me...my alarm clock wasn't ringing..."wow! I thought I woke up earlier than my intended 5 hours of sleep and I STILL feel this good! Man I'm pretty awesome! That was about the time when I realized that my clock didn't say 7:05 like it was supposed too...(I was technically waking up at 7:00 but of course since my sister decided to be my mom and remind me I had to NOT set it for 7:00 exactly...make sense?) So I realized that my alarm clock did not say 7:05 like it was supposed to...in fact it didn't say 6, 5, or 4...not even 8...the darn alarm clock said 9:00...I mean talk about stupid...here my alarm clock was breaking all ready the second day...I mean seriously 9? like 2 hours after I set it for? Talk about practical jokes...I didn't think that my roommate Christian had it in him but I'd have to congratulate him on this one...I mean major kudos! I was scared out of my wits for a second...so I looked around to congratulate him and realized that Christian wasn't there...in fact no one was there...I looked at my alarm clock again...(9...9...9) it didn't change and then I really was scared out of my wits...it really WAS 9 in the morning and my first class started at 8...my first thought was "no way!" I set the darn thing...but there it was as off as ever...the switch and everything acting like I never did...so after laying in shock for another full 5 minutes I suddenly leaped into action...swiping my laptop off the floor and checking my schedule...classes booked back to back until 3 in the afternoon and my next one started in 10 minutes! darn! I thought all that work for nothing...stupid alarm clock or roommate or whatever it was! So I packed my laptop, books, notebooks, pencils, highlighters, calculators and homework for about 4 or 5 classes and rushed off...that was when I realized that my backpack weighed 50 pounds and wouldn't even zip all the way closed...this was not my best day...but luckily I made it to Calculus II on time and had fun hearing about revolving solids and the washer methods of 3-D integration again...only 5 homework problems!

Then I rushed off to my dorm to dump books and make it to Chapel which actually lifted my spirits quite a bit! Yay! they actually had real scottish bagpipes instruments and kilts...awesome ceremony and I learned that our president has a very funny sense of humor. He told this hilarious story about how he found out that some of us had made him a fake facebook and were impersonating him...lol...he went through all the espionage and gory cyber details about it, he even got his daughter to spy in on the operation posing as an innocent teenager...lol that guy could probably make anything funny...so then it was lunch but of course I couldn't eat that either because I had another class! this time gen. chemistry...it was easy too but incredibly long we basically sat there while he told us what matter and energy was all over again...like I haven't known that since like 5th grade! lol...then engineering CAD lab which teaches us to use some awesome engineering design programs like solid-edge 19....it's sortof like the blender in that you create 3-D models and simulations of machines and objects except it's like the engineering version so its a bit more practical...the best part though is they have this machine that takes your 3-D file and can actually carve whatever you program out of plastic cubes...so you can build an engine or machine on the spot! And after all that revelation I realized that the only homework we had was making a chart on Excel...and it was only one chart...the guy even asked me if I needed help I mean...what are WE? Engineering students what kind of a dummy doesn't know how to use Excel? But whatever...easy homework.

After that I hurried straight on over to Mr. Bradshaw's office at 3...this was the guy's class that i missed so I was eager to make my scheduled interview very positive and it was...he told me not to worry but I do...I mean missing a class...I've only done that once in my life and that was when I was sick...that's right! I've only called in 1 sick day in my life and that was when I had lymphatic poisening shooting red lines up my arm and threatening to kill me...lol yeah...It's a major pet peeve...

So yeah...after all of that I finally got to dump the 50 pound backpack I had been lugging around all day and go eat...that was when I realized that the cafeteria's had already closed and that it wouldn't open so no buffet for me even when I did get to eat sometime in the near foggy future...at this point I was already dying of starvation, my vision was going blurry, my knees were buckling, sound was fading from my ears! well maybe not that serious but I buckled my knees over in a corner and played cards for abotu 1 1/2 hours...dutch blitz again...seriously if you haven't played that game you need to become more cultured and find a card deck...seriously you're like the walkig dead without knowing bridge, hand and foot, and dutch blitz.

Finally I got to eat on my meal plan and so dejectedly I got in line to get my one burrito...stupid closed buffet! Right when I needed it! Then suddenly a bright idea occurred to me! Why not go ahead and ask for more than 1 burrito...sure all the other students were getting 1 and 1 was what we were supposed to get or it cost more...but I figured if I asked like there was nothing wrong with it I might trick the first cook in line...it worked she started making a taco-supreme special for me which is like 3 times as much food as I was supposed to get...then since it was already started none of the other cooks argued because that would make their jobs harder so I just smiled and joked and got my triple-sized food out of the line...not only did my smile weasel 2 extra burritos out of them...it also got me burritos that had about 2 times as much food as normal ones...in fact they wouldn't even wrap up they were so full...more like a pile of food on a circle of thin bread! and I got 3 of them! so now I had 6 times as much food as I was supposed to have by working the system...oh boy...I grabbed my food and walked out and as luck would have it no one noticed my over-sized bag, over-sized drink or any of my other "extras" in fact the people at the check-out desk missed me completely...i mean there they were carefully checking everyone out and I just walked on through...not that I was stealing of course...me? steal? *looks innocent* but seriously I was so hungry I forgot all about swiping my card and paying with my meal plan...lol...about the time I ate my last double-burrito and finished gobbling down most of my tortilla chips I realized that there was enormous line of people swiping cards and then I remembered I hadn't swiped mine...so of course being the sweet awesome christian guy I am I got up and payed for my food...I walked straight up and told them they missed me and payed...then I saw on my receipt that it listed me as having eaten a normal burrito...at this point I was walking out the door so I was like oh well...I did the best I could and left...

so yeah...either God blessed me or I sinned...I really did try to fix it all though...

So yeah then I went to my Chemistry lab for like 2 hours...that's gonna be a cool class! I mean seriously we get to do the whole mixing chemicals and burning things routine oh boy! exploding things! Bombs! Terrorism...and my own entire drawer of laboratory weapons! lol...fun, fun busy day...and now I'm going to get some homework done...

Oh! and we finally figured out what the deal with my alarm clock was...apparently it did go off at 7:05 because my roommate heard it but it didn't wake me up...he says I turned off my alarm clock, moved my arm and fingers and completely switched the switch off so it would never ring again...ALL IN MY SLEEP! So yeah that was pretty awesome...I already have a pretty crazy reputation because I locked one of the public computers so that only I could use it...so now half of High Rise knows that a mysterious Dan Midgett commandeered a public computer for half a day...lol...I love being infamous! So yeah...story of my life...either my roommate has a cruel sense of humor or he lies really, really well...oh well...I guess he COULD be right too...lol...I'm outta here!

~Dan Midgett

No comments:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
~Jesus