Friday, September 5, 2008

The days in which we bless and are blessed

well yesterday was quite awesome! Really one of the best ones yet...I really, really was on a high! When I first woke up the hot water was finally fixed and so instead of standing to the side feeling the ice cold water and shivering for 20 minutes and then finally forcing myself in for a 30-second shower I had a REAL shower. Ahh! It was luxurious! I just stood there for like 15 minutes seriously...I was probably even slower than Cara and that's saying something!

So after a lazy morning of showering I went back to my room to ready for my 7:45 class. It ended up that I had taken so long showering that I only had maybe 12 minutes so yeah...stupid me but oh well...I thought "I'll just skip breakfast" so I did and jogged on to my early class. That was when I realized that this morning was one of those mornings that my stomach does not agree with me. About 20 steps into my jog I realized that my stomach was growling like a rabid Tasmanian Devil on steroids! It wasn't quite as bad as my other days but it was bad enough. Glance at watch--8min--"nope no time" I thought and so I kept on...meeting up with several other friends. We then headed in to class where we proceeded to watch the rest of this really cool movie called contact. But not before I guilted everyone around me into giving me food...it was fun! All I have to do is mention that I'm hungry and some girl gives it to me. I think they find it fun to feed us or something. One night we were out directing hurricane victims to this shelter on campus. Except no one came down our road the whole 3 hours we were working. So instead we pulled up a truck and rocked out with a little music and flashing lights. Within the first hour 2 girls came over to join us and as soon as they found out we were hungry they went and made us dinner! I was pretty impressed...I mean it wasn't anything fancy but it was really nice of them...then the guys brought out donuts to rward us...apparently most of the other volunteers had abandoned their posts and good 'ol us were on the faithful list...so anyway...back to class...Mr. Bradshaw rocks! The movie was cool because it was professional but actually focused on God. The theme was how nothing in life can be proved...not even science therefore we must all accept something on faith...and God is the best! Amazing movie! I loved it so much! After that I went to Calc II again and ended up learning how to find the length of any line using the integral...pretty easy...then we took a test on solids which was also incredibly easy...and I was off to chapel!

Chapel breezed by and I had a fun time in it...it actually ended up ending so early that I got to hang with my friends for half an hour before Chemistry and on the day went...all positive besides Chemistry which persists in explaining to us for like th 5th time how significant figures work and what an atom is...ughhh! I spent most of that class trying to figure out how to handle my stuffy nose without anyone in the room noticing...I failed pretty miserably...stupid cold or allergies or whatever they are! It was all I could do not to let my stupid nose run all over my desk...where's a decent tissue when you need one?

After that came engineering lab where we got to take apart a drill and figure out how it worked Yes! That was so much fun...esp. because I was able to get how it all worked easily...I think I could build one if I learned a little bit more about how electricity is converted to kinetic energy in a motor...they sortof skipped that part...b ut yeah amazing day overall. After school I finished CHemistry homework while writing my latest poem and listening to "elevate" about 3 or 4 times all the way through...I hate online homework programs...they are so dumb because they don't accept variated answers...you get it wrong if you don't answer their way...(sigh)

But it was great. I met a bunch of new people and was pretty much smiling and singing all day wherever I walked. about 7 oclock I broke into the locked chapel (they foolishly left one of the 25 doors open) and yes I tried pretty much every one before I found it...Then I just sat in the middle of this enormous auditorium and just sang to God...speaking what I felt and phrases that came to my mind...praying and praising...it was an amazing moment just me and God in this huge quiet space where my voice echoed up and up...I left about twice as happy as before and then hung out in the girls' dorm (Fanning) for like 2 hours because it was one of the rare open dorm days...I had a lot of fun playing volleyball, apples to apples, and just talking...and they fed me again...seriously they must be trying to get rid of their food...lol...maybe they're scared they'll eat it and get fat or something...anyway after waiting for like 1/2 hour for Sheridan and Anna to leave and take me to the worship night hosted by Sanctuary...I finally amused myself by jumping up and grabbing the edge of the second story with my fingertips...I then pulled my body up with them and climbed this mesh railing at the top while dangling...it was really fun and not at all an easy climb...i did the entire thing with just my fingertips because their was no place for feet or hands...when I got to the top and turned around I discovered I had a crowd of cheering girls...not at all what I intended but hey! Perfectly fine with me...I jumped back down using the 10 foot lip as a swing drop onto the concrete and then I amused myself by sliding around the entire lobby on a swivel chair...those things are so cool! Finally we got to go to the worship night and had a blast...after singing my voicebox out and onto the ground and pretty much destroying my voice I got back to find starbucks open for "free" night and so I went twice and got as much as I could get...fun, fun! On top of it all I actually got to bed at a decent time and got to sleep in majorly!

~Danno

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh the hilarity! I came pretty close to laughing out loud at some of that, which I do not do vary often while reading! ;)

Danaphanous said...

Well thank you...you are, after all my first commenter. Some of my English friends are quite lazy when it comes to blog commenting! ;)

Bethany said...

Yay! I do hope you'll keep a bit more up to date with posts [lol] as I am quite enjoying them...

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
~Jesus